The Boston Fisheries Foundation is a brand-new nonprofit organization created to:
- Support and expand sustainable fisheries, which in turn sustain the New England economy;
- Educate the media and the public about the role played by fishermen in preserving our wild ocean stocks through responsible harvesting and management;
- Educate the media and the public about the benefits of sustainably harvested seafood as high-quality nutrition whose production protects the environment from deforestation, global warming, and other negative impacts;
- Facilitate public awareness of our history and the importance of wild harvests to the proud traditions of an independent New England; and,
- Develop a Maritime Fisheries Museum to honor our heritage.
The Boston Fisheries Foundation is organizing the first-ever Boston Seafood Festival on Saturday, October 6, 2012 in the Seaport area to promote sustainable seafood to the public with a fun and educational event. We are kicking off the festival weekend with a very special VIP Sustainable Seafood Gala on Friday October 5th.
For more information, comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org